What are OIS's unique features?
- We offer cultural exposure to western holidays by having group events where teachers, parents, and students all come together.
- We strongly encourage parents to be involved in our school because we believe that only when a school administration, teachers, and parents work together will a student receive the needed support for learning.
- Learning in community is important to our teaching method. We do this by connecting with the students in the class room, in the hallway, and even at lunch.
What is Project Based Learning (PBL)?
- Project Based Learning (PBL) starts from elementary school by helping students train their inquisitive minds to have a deeper understanding of the world around them.
- PBL empowers students with skills such as video editing, typing, public speaking, etc.
- PBL builds on the above skills, students begin projects that put their classroom knowledge into use.
- The final step of PBL is in the students' high-school years when students being to solve real world problems.
*Last updated December 23, 2015